- Yield: 1 loaf
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
Vegan Banana Bread
This wholesome and delicious banana bread whips up in a snap and will please any banana lovers in your crew. This is one of our personal favorites and once you make it, it'll be easy to see why!
- Vanilla Baking Mix - Entire package (only works with Mouth of Mundus brand)
- Neutral Oil (anything you have on hand will work) - 2/3 Cup
- Mashed Bananas - Two medium sized
- Non-Dairy Milk or Water - 1/2 cup
- *optional Chopped Nuts (any kind works-our faves are walnuts or pecans) - 1/2 cup
- *optional Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease any sized loaf pan. Add bananas and milk to large mixing bowl and blend with hand mixer for about two minutes or until fairly smooth. Add oil and mix again until combined. Add remaning ingredients and stir to combine well (it's ok if there are some lumps from the bananas!) Pour batter into pan and bake for 45-55 minutes.
This produces a very soft and light banana bread. While we would normally recommend cooling it on a wire rack, this delicious loaf is so light it will likely fall apart if you remove it from the pan before it's completely cooled. Therefore, we recommend allowing it to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving (we know-it's torture!)
**For an even more delicious treat, add one tablespoon of vinegar to non-dairy milk and allow to sit for two minutes before mixing to create a vegan buttermilk substitute.